Have you followed the evolution of Search Engine Optimization? If you have, then you might have noticed that it is eternally changing over time.
Local business competition is consistently heating up. Because of this, you should never ignore local SEO, unless you’re ready to bury your business or lag behind.
Local SEO Tips
To be successful locally, it doesn’t mean having directory listing is enough. You need to amend some things to outrank your competition when searched in Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Here Are Key Points You Need for Local SEO:
1. Responsive design. When your customers visit your website, they must be able to see everything clearly even without zooming in or out. Mobile responsiveness is a must have. According to eCommerce mobile stats, 125 million U.S. consumers own smartphones. Eighty percent of shoppers use a cell phone to search for products and their prices.
You can check if your site is responsive. The first step is just simply checking your website on a smartphone. If you can read the menu immediately without zooming then sure your site is responsive.
2. Meta tags and title descriptions. This matters a lot to local SEO. In the universe of competing for search results, you must have a text which is unique, descriptive and compelling. Writing tags and title descriptions is an art, that’s what they say.
To reach local customers, always include your city location. If you have a shop, store or clinic which a client go to for your service or buying products, then your business is location driven. Example: If you are a dental practitioner, include your city location in front of what you are advertising.
3. You have to be in social. Be sure you are active on the social media platforms your customers are engaged. It depends on where your audience is. Google likes it if you are using social media. Some clients engage with you first in social media before trusting your business entirely.
4. Get out and be active in the community. Network and give back to the community. Example: If you are a dentist you can volunteer to be a resource person in education and seminars related to oral hygiene.
5. Use google analytics. Don’t ignore Google analytics. Use it to check if you are doing the right thing. It gives you an idea if you’re doing social media right. Otherwise, revise your techniques.
Don’t limit yourself to the said strategies, ask yourself where your customers are looking and how you have to get in front of them. Think, what websites other than yours are visible when searched using keywords you’re interested.
Voice search has increased a lot. But, do you know that most people search when they are in the comfort of their home (according to Stone Temple). Be aware what are people searching using voice search. Don’t ignore your strategy regarding voice search.
How about online reviews? Some SEO experts say you have to “beg” for reviews. It matters because people trust reviews.
If you have limitations in this area, ask for some professional advice from the best rated seo service in Chicago. Don’t be frugal with local SEO.
Conclusion. These local SEO tips are just tip of the iceberg. But implementing these allows you to outrank your competitors.